School catchment areas
The majority of areas in Central Bedfordshire are served by a catchment school.
Find your catchment area (by postcode)
- search for your home postcode
- find your catchment area on the right side of the page
About school catchment areas
In addition to these schools are a number of faith schools which do not serve a designated catchment area.
We cannot guarantee you a place at your catchment area school if the admission number has been reached.
Please note that academies and schools which are their own admission authority (foundation, trust and voluntary aided) may operate a different catchment area to the one originally set up by us.
If you cannot find the catchment schools for your address, please contact us and we will be able to advise you:
Telephone: 0300 300 8037
Transport eligibility is assessed in accordance with our agreed catchment areas and that any academy or own admission authority school which has amended or extended their catchment area is an academy / school decision which will not necessarily equate to a pupil being eligible for transport where this is over the statutory walking distance.
Schools with no catchment area
The following schools do not operate a catchment area for admission purposes:
- Ashton St. Peter’s CofE Primary School (Dunstable)
- Hadrian Academy (Dunstable)
- Houghton Regis Academy
- Lark Rise Academy (Dunstable)
- Priory Academy (Dunstable)
- Pulford CofE Lower School (Leighton Buzzard)
- St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School (Caddington)
- St. Vincent’s Catholic Primary School (Houghton Regis)
- Thomas Whitehead CofE Academy (Houghton Regis)
Priority Areas for Fairfield Park Lower School catchment area
From September 2018, Fairfield Park Lower School will have priority areas (PDF 544.3KB) in the school’s catchment area to determine which one of the two school sites a child will attend if a place is allocated at the school.
Download Fairfield Park Lower School’s admission policy (PDF 544.3KB) (including the list of addresses within each priority area)