About the European passport return service
The European passport return service (EPRS) is available for European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss nationals applying online using:
- the EEA qualified person form (link opens in new window)
- the EEA permanent residence form (link opens in new window)
What is the European passport return service?
By using the European passport return service, you can keep and use your passport whilst your application is being processed, instead of sending it to the Home Office.
The service is provided by local authorities or a nominated premium service centre.
For £15 per application, we will:
- photocopy your EEA or Swiss passport
- forward a copy, along with your checklist and application, to the Home Office on your behalf
Book an appointment
Telephone: 0300 300 6035
Alternatively, you can make an appointment and take your passport and documents to a premium service centre in Belfast or Glasgow.
Please note that:
- the service is available by appointment only
- you must attend your appointment within 5 working days of submitting your online form
- the service fee will be charged at £15 per application
- the Home Office may contact you for further information after your application has been submitted
- using this service does not guarantee the success of the application and we cannot provide any advice
- use of this service will not ensure that your form has been correctly completed and correct supporting documents submitted