What is Information Governance?
Information Governance can mean different things to different people. Within Central Bedfordshire Council, it is a term that is used to describe the way we manage our obligations to the following legislation:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Regulation of Investigatory Powers 2000
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005
- Records Management
- Bedfordshire Information Sharing Protocol
It allows both the Council and its employees to ensure that both business and personal information is dealt with legally, securely, efficiently and effectively, in order to deliver the best possible services.
The Information Governance Framework sets out the way our organisation handles information, in particular, the personal and sensitive data relating to our customers and employees.